Monday, April 7, 2008

Initial thoughts on the KAP Winstar II bow


The Winstar II and all of the bits finally arrived from Lancaster Archery last week. I dropped it off to George for him to set it up and I had my first go with it at the range on Saturday. I also bought 10 used Easton ACC arrows off him for $75. The bow feels good but I will definately need to work on my arm strength as the 30# limbs are causing my arm to shake when I'm archored and trying to aim.

For some reason I was consistantly shooting to the upper left of the target no matter how much I adjusted the sight. I suspect that the sight needed some larger movement than the micro adjustment I was giving it. I moved it out some more when I got home and will be going back out to the range on Wednesday.

The foam in the carry case was not precut so I had to do it myself. I traced the outline of the riser, limbs, horizontal sight bar and sight aperture on the foam using chalk and then cut the foam using a sharp knife. It is a litle bit of a hack job but it will do for now.

I'll post some pictures soon.

No comments: